Tuesday 18 December 2012

Have Yourself A Glossy Little Christmas: December Glossybox.



First of all, Apologies for the slightly grainy quality of the photography, this 4pm sunset malarky is not doing me any favours! 

Just a quick peek into this month's Glossybox, a 'Festive Celebration' box to "please the even the most critical of beauty connoisseurs". 

I recieved: 

Rituals Magic Touch Ultra Rich, Whipped Body Cream: 70 ml £5 
Seche Nail Laquer in Elegant: 14ml £9.95 
Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in Stiletto: 3.5g £4.99
Lemon by Mary Greenwell: 100ml £90
Argentium Apothecary La Potion Infinie: 70ml £147
Bonus Glossy Pink Blush 

I was impressed by this box, I doesn't strike me as super festive, rather more chic than last years red affair. I like it though. 

The Seche polish jumped out at me immediately  I don't apply nail polish without a final coat of Seche Vite so I was intrigued to see how the colour range worked out. I'm not a huge fan of the shade but the application was faultless. Very tempted to peruse the rest of the range now!
I'm not at all bowled over by the Rituals body cream, I'm currently wading through a small mountain of creams and lotions so I'm afraid this might not get a look in for a while! 
I must admit, I did a little squeal when I saw the Sleek lipstick. I've been after a proper fire engine red for Christmas and this is the ticket, matte, bright and daring, It's perfect! 
Despite being less than enamoured by Mary Greenwell's Plum scent, Lemon is a whole different story. Fresh, clean and inviting it's been popped straight into my work bag. The perfect mid afternoon refresher! 
To be very honest, i'm not quite sure what to think of the Argentium potion. As I'm not desperately seeking anti-aging just yet I suppose i'm a little off the target market, but I'll get back to you once I've given it a go! 
Finally, the Glossy Pink blusher reminds me of Fleur Power from MAC. It's a nice bonus.

So, this month: 

Winner: Sleek True Colour Lipstick
Loser: Rituals Magic Touch Body Cream 

What did you get in your box this month?

Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...