Tuesday 4 December 2012

Product Rave: Umberto Giannini Frizzi Range.


I admit it, I've been in a bit of a haircare rut. Berber Oil is still my first love, but when I was pleasantly surprised with the new Frizzi range from Umberto Giannini, I was more than ready to give it a whirl. 

The range landed on my doorstep at the perfect time, and was about to undergo the ultimate acid test. It just so happens that I decided to test this on one of the busiest working weekends of the year, with 12 hour days  (mostly spent in the drizzle) whilst running around like a mad thing. I think you'll find these are the perfect conditions for a giant fluffy mane. 


So why is this a product rave? Well, it put in a bloody good effort. It dealt with the 6am mist, 10am drizzle, hat hair and running around. Instead of hair befitting a Neanderthal, I got away with mild waves. Thumbs up. 

Product by product, the Shampoo & Conditioner are pleasant to use, smell fresh but don't lather particularly quickly, I'll continue to use them but will have to see if they actually make a proper difference. 
On this occasion the rave lies with the styling products. I was fairly dubious when I clocked the Day After Day After Day After Day Taming Spray. I've used the original John Freida version and it left my hair feeling flat and lifeless. I've done a quick ingredients check and the UG version appears to have less silicones  whereas the JF lists Polysilcone-9 as it's second ingredient. I'm not a scientist, I just know it left my hair feeling sleek and frizz free without feeling weighed down. 
The Miracle Worker Oil is also a lovely little product. It's evidently not as natural as the Berber but used sparingly after styling it definitely fought the frizz.


Overall, I'm really happy with the range. The true acid test has to be that I had to retrieve most of these products from the shower/bathroom cabinet to take a few snaps. They've already fallen right into my daily routine! 

Stars of the range? The Miracle Worker Oil & Extreme Taming Spray
Take it or leave it? If I had to go without, I'd probably sacrifice the S&C.They're lovely but I've used others with the same styling products and noticed no real difference. 

Hopefully the brown paper bag won't be needed from now on...


Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...