Wednesday 28 November 2012

Getting Crafty for Christmas. Gift Guide Part 1.

When I think about some of my most treasured Christmas presents (apart from the awesome karaoke machine that Santa bought me when I was 10) they have been ones that have been hand crafted by either the giver or just something a bit unique. It really evokes a much more festive feeling in me compared to something straight of the shelf. 

With this in mind, I've decided to share some of my favourite craft and handmade ideas for the festive season  with you lovely lot. 

As many are perishable, I'm not going to get down the nitty gritty until a few weeks before, but it's time to get planning! 

1. "Drink Me" Bottles. 

A fun and unusual twist on a bottle of wine in a bag, you can really let you imagination run wild with your 'potion' of choice. I purchased some 550ml kilner bottles from here for just under £3.00, and eBay have a multitude of bargains if you trust glass in the post, but when you add on shipping fees, it works out much the same for a small order. 


I've simply printed off a 'drink me' label from the internet and glued to a standard label sticker for the actual bottle and mounted the tag on card and scored out. The eagle eyed amongst you may notice some re-used Glossybox ribbon, crafty can mean thrifty too. 


Here are my favourite recipes for some scrumptious tipples: 


The real beauty of this gift is you can literally put whatever you like into the bottle, go thoroughly festive with a spiced rum or mulled wine or indulge your pic 'n' mix sweet tooth with some childhood favourites. 

2. Handmade Delights. 


I spend far too much time on Etsy, but it really is a goldmine of handmade delights. If you're looking for some absolutely adorable but affordable stocking fillers for your friends, I'd highly recommend swinging by Lily Loves Lola. Ran by the lovely Victoria, she makes dainty charm bracelets* that seriously please the 'it's so tinnnnyy' lady inside me. 

Each hand wrapped in brown paper tied up with string, they're definitely one of my favourite things this Christmas! 



If you want to get your hands on them, Victoria has a 15% off code running until the end of November, so get in there quick. Use EARLYBIRD15 to claim your discount. 

Also a quick mention The Tartan Fox, I love the stuff, you should too. 

3. "Eat Me" Jams & Pickle Sets. 


Have you noticed a slightly wonderland theme running through this all? 

Christmas is the perfect opporutnity to get into the kitchen and knock up some eats and treats. Red Onion Marmalade is the perfect easy chutney that you don't need to leave for an age to mature. 

Take the time to write a handwritten tag to make it just that little bit more special. I'm planning to make a few different jams and chutneys and put together a mini hamper.

Some Irresistible Christmas Recipes: 


All perfect with a chunk of cheese and bread! 


So I don't overwhelm on one post I'm going to split this into two parts, expect to see some 'Sweet Treats' ideas next week! 

4. Pamper Jars 



I did this one last year but it was a really easy thrifty present for any girly girls you might want to give a gift to. 


What are you doing to be crafty this Christmas? Let me know!

Laura xx

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...