Monday 22 July 2013

The Nail Update: Summer.

3 for 2 knocked at the door, I bought three, plus one... 

I don't know if it's the burst of sunshine that the UK has been basking in, or the sudden desire to get a bit tropical in the nail department but brights are firmly back on my talons.




Yes, I know it's not a tropical explosion of colour but it's the pretty pink nude I've been craving for an age. After previous perilous experiences with the Essie nude family (I'm looking at you Sugar Daddy) I was slightly dubious about taking the plunge, but it really is a beaut. Three coats and your away. 



Even the name makes me want to swing in hammock on a tropical island with cocktail in hand. Consistancy wise the Gelly range is magic. Two coats and you've got the perfect shiny nails that far outshine their affordable price point. Bravo. The colour is the perfect bright peach, If you're not too keen on going all out this is the perfect gateway polish to brights. 



This polish strikes the perfect balance between a pastel mint and a bright turquoise. It's tropical party in a bottle. What makes this even more of a winner is the wide brush and foolproof application. For Lazy Susan's like me this is holy grail. 



The Ice Neon drew me in, the bottle promised wonders. It delivered a bit of a damp squib. I will concede that I've only tried it on a bare nail and maybe a white undercoat with pep this up. I'm hoping this will deliver the neon pop it promised once I've given it a proper whirl! 

What are you sporting this summer? 

xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...