Monday 12 August 2013

August 2013 Glossybox.


This month Glossybox are jetting off around the globe in their 'High Flyers' August Edition. This month products have been picked for the girl on the go, selecting the best products several global destinations have to offer. 

In my box: 

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir (full size £63.00 for 100ml)
Emite Make Up Eyelash Curler
TRESemmé Platinum Strength Concenrated Treatment Shot
Jelly Pong Pong 2-In-1 Shadow Liner 
Óceane Make Up Remover Pen

What's the verdict? 

I really adore the idea of trying different products that aren't usually available in the UK but it really only delivered in that respect with the Emite Eyelash Curler from Sweden and the Óceane Make Up Remover Pen from Brazil. TRESemmé, Juicy Couture & Jelly Pong Pong are brands I've already encountered. 
Where some detest fragrance samples in sample boxes, I actually find them enterally useful. Whether it's throwing them in my purse/bag/gym bag for an emergency spritz or simply getting the chance to try an new scent without investing, I like it. As far as Viva La Juicy Noir goes I'm not bouncing off the walls as the scent itself just feels a little juvenile for my tastes. If you like fresh young scents this is for you. 
The TRESemmé Treatment Shot will get used but similarly doesn't fill me with glee. However, if you are on holiday and you've spent the day at the beach, this would be perfect. 
The Jelly Pong Pong Shadow Liner is a lovely deep green shade that would look perfect for a grungy look with a difference. I'll keep you posted on that one!
Now, before I finish on a high I'll sneak in a low. The Emite Eyelash Curler is a dud. They curled my lashes with about the same effectiveness as me squeezing my own lashes between my finger and thumb. As a longtime devotee to the Shu Uemura curler, what do you expect?! 
Finally, a product that actually filled me with a bit of excitement. The Óceane Make Up Remover Pen is a neat little idea. I'm forever smudging my mascara on my bottom lashes, so this precise little pen will be much quicker than dipping a cotton bud in remover. I think my main objection to this box as there wasn't a lot that I hadn't tried before which is a completely personal objection, so the last offering from Brazil was a nice end to an otherwise underwhelming box. 

What do you think to your Glossybox? 


xx

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the Tresemme Platinum Strength Shots! I think that Glossybox is the best of the beauty boxes.

    xo Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...