Monday 31 October 2011

I Got The Potion.


On my recent trip over the France, I decided to take the plunge and purchase MUFE HD Foundation. I've wanted to try it 'in the flesh' for a while as I'm not really one for buying foundation online. 

I ended up picking up the shade 117 from the range and it's a lovely foundation. It's a medium coverage, easily blendable foundation that photographs beautifully...as you would expect. I nearly bulked at the price (nearly £30), but, when in France.

But, the HD Foundation alone is not what I want to talk about, I've been up to my usual blending tricks again and I think I've found my new favourite combination. 


Estee Lauder Double Wear Light + MUFE HD = Love.

Now, in theory this should be a disaster. I'm mixing a light, water based foundation with a heavier, gel based product that has a built in SPF...not exactly a match made in heaven. 

BUT 

It really works! I've never been a fan of Doublewear Light on it's own, but mixed with the HD foundation, it gives that extra coverage I sometimes crave & adds a bit of longevity to the base. 


I use equal amounts of each product and just blend on the hand and apply with my Sigma Round Top Kabuki Brush. 


Hello Scary, No Holds Barred Close Up. 

It gives a smooth, flawless finish to the face and is perfect for hitting the town. 

If you want to get your hands on MUFE HD, check out www.gurumakeupemporium.com 

Do you like to mix your foundations or just stick to one? 

Laura xx



3 comments:

  1. :D your skin looks amazing! Hm.. might have to look into getting the MUFE HD foundation..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold my MUFE HD and now I'm regretting it because I have EL Double Wear Light so I could have tried out you mixture haha. MUFE HD didn't really agree with my skin, which is a shame but heyho :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lydia I really do prefer it this way! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...