Saturday 20 March 2010

Getting Lippy

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've left it over a week between posts, I've had a pretty crazy few weeks, I'm in the process of changing jobs so I've had a lot of training days and paperwork to fill out etc!

I've been trying (and failing) to cut back on major make up purchases, but I appear to have bought lots of lip products in the last two weeks.



I've managed to purchase:
YSL Rouge Volupte No.2
Burt's Bees Lip Stash
Barry M 62 Lip Paint
Barry M Lipgloss in 2 (Toffee)
MAC Viva Glam Gaga

So much for cutting back!!

YSL Rouge Volupte No.2


How could you not fall for that amazing packaging! £21.00 for a lipstick is a bit obscene and I won't be getting these on a regular basis but in a moment of madness I decided to take the plunge!
I love the rose scent of this too, It's the same as the cream blush I own and I love it.



It's a lovely SUPER creamy nude and it's quite addicting when you apply it as it glides on so smoothly!

Viva Glam Gaga

Yes, I know, GaGa overload...BUT this is my perfect 'day' pink!!



Yummy!


I look gormless and weird with no hair, but you can see how it goes with a neutral everyday face here!!

Barry M Toffee Lipgloss

My lips are naturally quite pigmented so this gloss just gives it a nice healthy lift!!
It smells good enough to eat too, not unlike the Urban Decay pocket rocket gloss.


Last but no means least...

Barry M Lip Paint 62.


I LOVE THIS COLOUR

It's my favourite of the lot and it cost me under a fiver!!


I'm not afraid of a bit of colour and this hits the spot!

I wore Burt's Bees under all of these and It's lovely, review to come!!

Lots of Love

Laura xxx

7 comments:

  1. Ooh the Barry M gloss looks (and sounds) lovely! The YSL is so fancy-looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these lip swatches! They're gorgeous, I need to buy them all haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i saw that barry m lipstick when i was in superdrug today i would have brought it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lucy I like to reapply the YSL just so I can flash the amazing packaging!!

    @Laura My pleasure!!

    @Charmed Chick I passed on it a couple of weeks ago but had to go back for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Barry M lipstick looks soooo gorgeous on you!

    Love the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick as well! Is it true that it dries lips a bit?

    xo Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SaucyfBaby Thank you! I always put a balm before I apply it so I haven't noticed any extreme drying, but I have to reapply quite often as it doesn't stick around for long on the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I want that MAC GAGA lipstick! But i'm not sure if it would be too bold :( Looks lovey on you though.
    I think I will try the Barry M Lipgloss though, thanks for the tips- great post :)

    Your blog is fantastic :)
    x

    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...