Tuesday 9 March 2010

TAG: 40 Beauty Questions.

I've really enjoyed watching/reading the 40 questions that have popped up recently, and I've just finished reading Laura's (Lollipop26) post, so hot on her heels, here are mine!!

SKINCARE:

How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice, once in the morning when I'm in the shower, and then before I go to bed.

What skin type do you have?
I have combination/dry skin, It gets a lot more dry in the winter so I have to up the moisture!

What is your current facial wash?
I'm using Clinique's mild liquid facial soap, I only use this once a day though, as I think it's too harsh to use twice daily.

Do you exfoliate?
Yes, I do it as and when though, the Clinique 'Clarifying Lotion' is apparently an exfoliator too, but I love give my face a good scrub when I feel It needs it :)

What brand do you use?
I'm trying to use up my Benefit 'Honey Snap Out Of It' at the moment, I really rate Nivea Visage Radiance Boosting Daily Scrub too.

What moisturiser do you use?
I'm currently using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. (If you haven't already guessed I'm using the 3 Step System at the moment!)

Do you have freckles?
Yes, They used to be a lot more noticeable when I was younger, but they're very faint now, unless I go out in the sun, then they really stand out!

Do you use eye cream?
I don't use an eye cream, although I was taking a few pictures for a mascara review the other day and really decided I needed to!

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I've been very lucky with my skin, all the women in my family have fabulous skin, If I have my nans skin when I'm her age I shall be very happy! I do occasionally get the odd hormonal spot on my chin, but overall I don't do too badly.

Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
Nope, see above :)

MAKE UP

What foundation do you use?
I'm switching between two at the moment, NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc and Max Factor Second Skin in Warm Ivory. I'm a pale pauline this winter!!

How about concealer?
I use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer under my eyes and If I need the occasional cover up, I use MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer.

Do you know your undertone colour?
I do, I have warm/pink undertones! I've always longed for more golden, olive undertones, but I'm afraid my Scottish roots don't agree!

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I think they're great when you go out and want to make a special effort, but in everyday circumstances, I really don't have the time or patience!!

Did you know you're supposed to change your mascara every three months?
I did know this :) I only usually have a maximum of three mascaras on the go at one time because I think anymore is just a waste, I only have two eyes!

What brand of mascara do you use?
I'm using MUFE Smoky Lash, Revlon Fabulash & Maybelline Lash Stiletto at the moment.

Sephora or MAC?
When I get to a Sephora it's always a huge novelty because we don't have them in the UK, but I'm going to say MAC because I love so many of their products!

Do you have a MAC PRO card?
Nope! It's probably just as well because It would just increase my already ludicrous stash.

What make up tools do you use in application?
On an everyday basis I use my MAC 129, 224 & 187. I've been using a sponge for my foundation a lot lately and I really do prefer the results.

Do you use a make up primer for the eyes?
I use Bare Study Paint Pot most days, if not I'll use UDPP or another PP shade.

For the face?
I've never been sufficiantly impressed by a primer to keep using it consistantly, so no. If your using a good moisturiser, I think that's enough.

What is your favourite eyeshadow?
MAC Grand Entrance is my ultimate favourite, If anybody knows where I could source another one, PLEASE let me know!!
I adore MAC Phloof, Twinks & Orb too.

Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
I mostly use pencil I like a more messy look, but I love Blacktrack Gel Liner from MAC.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil??
Um, I don't think I ever have?

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I think you can get some stunning pigments, but I have to make a special effort to use them, as I usually grab my palette and pick whichever colour I fancy.

Do you use mineral make up?
No, I've never used it and It doesn't really appeal to me.

What is your favourite lipstick?
MAC Shy Girl, It's my ultimate easy to wear shade. I adore Barry M 147 too.

How about lipgloss?
Benefit Her Glossiness in Didn't Hear It From Me.

What is your favourite blush to use?
My ultimate favourite will always be Urban Decay 'Quickie' blush, but I've been using MAC Style like it's going out of fashion recently.

Do you buy your make up on ebay?
Nope, I like to see my product before I buy it, and I'm always a bit sceptical of make up on Ebay anyway.

Do you like Drugstore make up?
Yep! Finding new products that perform just as well as high end stuff is so satisfying! I could spend ages just wandering around the ailses at superdrug and boots :)

Do you go to CCO's?
I go if I'm near one but I've never made a special effort just for a CCO, they're fun though!

Did you ever consider taking make up classes?
I would love to take make up classes, maybe sometime in the future!

Are you clumsy at putting on make up??
I wouldn't say i'm especially clumsy, but well all make the odd mistake don't we!

Name a make up crime you hate?
Just too much make up in general, I'm talking Snog Marry Avoid amounts, heavy eyes, heavy lips, heavy blush, heavy bronzer! yuck.
More specifically I can't stand realllly clumpy lashes, it makes me gag a bit.

Do you like colourful shades of make up (lipstick/eyeshadow) or more neutral ones?
I've come to the conclusion I am a neutral eye girl, I'll never be fully confident rocking a crazy coloured eye! I like a bit of colour on the lips though, It makes a nice change.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
I really admire Jennifer Aniston, she never gets it wrong. I admire loads of people though!

If you could leave the house with just one make up item what would it be?
I only carry a lipstick with me in the day, so that!

Do you think you look good with no make up on?
I don't think I look terrible, put I prefer myself with a bit of slap on :)

In your opinion what is the best make up line?
I like different brands for different things, so I don't really have an ultimate favourite, but I have lots of MAC, so we can go with that!

What do you think of make up?
I think it's a fun frivolity that brings me lots of pleasure!!


Finished!! Well that was a monster!! If you made it to the end well done!

If you want to do this tag, please do, they're really fun to read!!


Lots of Love Laura xxx

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Sunshine Award on my blog http://susysmakeupbox.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this tag, i've been doing a search today for other people that have done it and found u, good job! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...