Saturday 6 March 2010

"Shopping The Stash"

Over recent weeks I have been resisting the temptation to spend, I've been ignorning the hype and asking myself if I really "need" that product, Instead I've been taking a long hard look at my exsisting mountain of cosmetics, and resdiscovering a few old favourites that got pushed aside due to my latest obsession.

Some of these products have been in my collection for years, and some of them were bought then simply ignored after a few weeks!!

Benefit Hollywood Glo & High Beam

These two products were two of my first purchases from Benefit, and I can't remember how long ago that was, but I'm going to say YEARS.

They provide the most perfect 'glow' and I like to use them either sparingly under my foundation or on my brow bone to highlight.

I was watching videos by Amy (Dazzledust25) and Gemma (Gemsmaquillage) and they both included one of these products, I did laugh as I'd been thinking the exact thing before I watched them!


Urban Decay Pocket Rocket 'David' & MAC Eager Lipstick

David was a brief fling for me, we met, we briefly fell in love, and then I dumped him into the draw of no return. 
Over the last few weeks I've rekindled my affair with him, he smells DELICIOUS (think treacle tart), has great colour pay off and isn't too sticky. 

Eager was my very first lipstick I ever bought from MAC, and I believe it is now discontinued. It's my perfect 'subtle' red lip, It's a lustre finish and therefore isn't as bright as in the tube but I kinda like it that way. I neglected this for a long while, and it's melted, been thrown around generally had a bad time of it, but I'm going to be giving this a lot more love now I've rediscovered how nice it is! 

  

Smoke & Diamonds Eyeshadow.

When the "Love That Look" collection came out last summer, I went a big mental on all the shades as I love the formulation of these, I've used Grand Entrance & Ego to death, but for some reason this went unloved. I've been using this a lot over the last week or so to add a bit of depth to a more neutral eye and I think I'm going to keep this in mind a lot more now!

I've really enjoyed "shopping my stash" recently and I feel better for doing so!

Have you rekindled your love for any products lately? If so, tell me below!!

Lots of Love,

Laura xxx

2 comments:

  1. It's very hard to ignore the hype when new products come out! Usually the truth is that I don't need them, and I just want them because they're new. Usuallly I wait a few weeks after something new comes out to get it, and hope that by that point I don't want it anymore, haha. Doesn't always work though! I'm going to have to try and do this though, "shopping the stash" sounds fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should go through all my oldies!!! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...