Friday 28 May 2010

Products Up Close: MAC 130 Brush


After lots of umm-ing and ahh-ing I finally got my hands on this beauty when MAC re-released it with the To the Beach collection.

I do have a thing about the duo-fibre brushes, and I'm not going to pretend it isn't partly due to the fact they're so damn pretty in my brush holder. Terrible I know!

When this was delivered I can't say I was instantly bowled over, I'd imagined the surface area of the brush was bigger than it was, and it just looked a bit, well, teeny.

I decided to give it a go anyway and I'm happy to report, this is a little gem of a brush!

When used with foundation, the result is flawless. This suprised me as I thought it was far too small the be able to be used for this, I'm supremely lazy with foundation application...but it's lovely. I just stipple my foundation (currently NARS sheer glow) all over my face and then buff to my hearts content.

My favourite way to use this brush is with cream blush though, it just gives the most beautiful, natural effect.
It makes even the most vivid of blush blend out into an amazing soft finish.

After a shaky start with my latest addition it's becoming a firm favourite. 

Lots of Love, Laura xxx 

3 comments:

  1. This brush is great! it has so many uses. MUA Jon Hennessey swears by it, along with the other duo fibre brushes.

    http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this brush! & im the same as you, a total brush fanatic that thinks brushes look amazing in their holder! :)

    I use this for buffing in the streaks that my mac 190 sometimes leaves but i think i may give it a bash & use it for my foundation! My current fave also been nars sheer glow!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim It is lovely!

    @Sinead you should definately try it, I was a bit dubious but it leaves a lovely finish!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...