Saturday 8 May 2010

Summer Plaits

My sister came and asked me for a fresh summer look for a party she was off to, and I'm a sucker for anything hair & make up...



I'm addicted to messy plaits at the moment, and my sisters hair is a joy to work with as it's long and gorgeous and all one length so there's no tricky layers to wrestle with!
I took a large section from the front and french plaited it around the hairline and brought it down in a thick plait. I then took the rest Hannah's hair and incorporated it into a long side plait. I secured it with an elastic band and took a small section of hair and wrapped it around the band to cover it.
I then wacked on the hairspray and that was that!! If you want to try this don't be too worried about getting it perfect, the messier it looks the better!!


For make up, she wanted a fresh, summer look without too much going on.

I focused on creating a fresh dewy complexion with a summery bronzed finish.

I used:

NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Warm Ivory
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Rude
MAC Tippy/Style Blush
ELF Warm Bronzer

I did a very simple eye,

MAC Cork e/s lightly through the brows
MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot
MAC Orb e/s
MAC Twinks in the outer corner (only a tiny amount to define the eye!!)
Maybelline Lash Stilletto

I didn't go too crazy on the lashes and the camera didn't pick them up!!

Lips:

So simple but gorgeous, Barbarella Lipstick by NARS. The perfect balmy peach for summer!!



She will probably kill me for this wonderful shot, but you can really see the front of the hair!! I didn't plan to put this on here so I only have these three shots, sorry Hannah!

What summer trends are you wearing at the moment, let me know!!

Laura xxx

4 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous ! i really want to rock the plait look but my hair is so thick and black too - i just dont think it would look right on me lol

    smaira-dollymixfits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving plaits and braids for summer, so chic!

    http://chance-to-shine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Smaira I have really thick brunette hair too and I have serious hair envy when I see these styles!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...