Monday 20 September 2010

Seeing Rouge...

I went out with a few friends on Saturday and was in the mood for a red lip, rather than a typical glossy red lip I prefer a more stained/blotted red lip as it feels far more young and "hip"...

Step 1: ALWAYS moisturise!!

Nothing says gross like a flaky lip with lipstick over the top.

I'm prone to dry lips and most lipsticks can dry my lips out so Blistex Intensive Moisturiser is ESSENTIAL for me!




Step 2: Put down a base coat.



I prefer not to use a lip liner as I don't want it to be the perfect red lip, but I do use a lip brush to make sure I roughly keep in between the lines!


Whilst I was looking through my draw I noticed the lovely little prize I had sent to me that very morning, courtesy of Laura at The Beauty Sanctum.

I lightly pressed this on and it gives a lovely rich red colour, very impressed and so handy to take out with you.

Step 3: Pop on the Lippie. 




I used my current favourite red, Revlon Color Sensational in Coral.
I pat this on straight from the tube and then blot once before adding a second layer, still patting, no full on slicks of red here!! 

For some reason I couldn't get it to show up quite so bright as I'm trying to take pictures without natural light, but here's a rushed FOTD from Saturday Night, when I mean rushed, this is the only picture I took.



Voila, Rouge Lips! 

  
How do you wear your rouge?


Laura xxx

2 comments:

  1. Aw that looks gorgeous on you..

    I have never in my life worn red, and don't think I ever will. I just can't carry it off with my blonde hair :(

    Maybe if I ever go brunette;)

    I love the look of that little duo- what is it, who is it by??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sweetcheeks It's by Lancaster and it's called Lip Variations 002 :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...