Tuesday 19 March 2013

Beauty Resolutions.

If you read a multitude of beauty blogs or watch a variety of beauty vloggers, you will undoubtedly be aware of the ever growing 'essential beauty rules that we all follow, to the letter, everyday, like the angelic beauty know it alls that we are' list. 

Well I, Laura of the Beauty Spark will confess, It's all to easy to slip from the self righteous seat we beauty bloggers sit on and preach from. 

So, here is my solemn promise to practise what I preach in the following areas. 

1. Cleaning those brushes. 

If you want a brush for it, I probably possess that brush. Buffing, blushing, lining, shading, slapping it on, blending it out. I'm your girl. But, cleansing them all is another story. Once weekly cleansing sessions all too often fall to the wayside when I'm trying to juggle lots of other things already. 


So, I'm going to try a new tactic. Instead of letting them build up into a 20-30 brush mega cleanse, little and often is the 'method du jour'. In reality, I'll use 3-4 brushes maximum to do my make up, so if I just give them a quick cleanse and rinse in the evening and leave them overnight, I'm golden. 

2. Routine is everything. 

Now this I am so much better at than I have ever been. I'm talking cleanse/tone/moisturise. Even when I'm tired. Cleansing wipes have been banned from the house. I think this is all down to using products that really work for me and I actually want to use at the end of the day. But there is always room for improvement. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've fallen asleep with a full face on in the last few months but I'd quite like this to be never, my skin will thank me for it. 

3. Haircuts. 

Dreaded haircuts. As my hair is fairly low maintenance, I regularly fall into the trap of not getting it cut as much as I should. If I told you I'm getting it cut tomorrow for the first time in six months, this would surely knock points of my BB credentials. I'm afraid it's the horrid truth. I plan to remedy this by booking in an appointment for next time straight away. 8 weekly trims will be my new smug routine! 

What are you beauty resolutions? 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...