Wednesday 6 March 2013

Benefit They're Real.

The theme of the week is most definitely 'Products Worth The Hype'. I almost have a love/hate reaction when a product not only lives up to, but exceeds the hype. But this time I can't do anything but rave on like the rest of us. It's real love.


I must point out however, this is a massive U-Turn in opinion for me. I initially tried this last year and wasn't bowled over. It may have been to do with the fact that I popped it on over another mascara and only did it very half-heartedly, but the first impression stuck. 

I picked up this travel sized version on a whim when I went nuts in Boots a couple of weeks ago, it was a complete "well if the whole world loves it, surely it can't be that bad" moment. 

So, what made me change my mind? 


Before, behold the majesty of my naked lashes. Just slightly curled. 



One coat achieves wide awake, full but not clumpy, perfectly curled lashes. It truly is one of those "look at them, loook at themmm" mascaras. 

Personally, for daytime wear, one coat is enough. If you really want to up the ante, two coats gives you mega lashes. 

I took these photographs as I was doing my make up for work this morning (shoving a camera in your face at 7:45am will make you eternally grateful for the crop tool) and I can safely report there they still look as fresh as a daisy. The rest of my face may have slid off, but I've still got my lashes! 


The plastic wand wouldn't usually be my weapon of choice, but the 'torture ball' end really gets those corner lashes and gives a great cat eye effect. 

I'm sold, it's the real deal, even if my lashes aren't! 

RRP £18.50 (full size)

xx



6 comments:

  1. I've been reading reviews about this! This seems lovely on you so I may as well try it :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been quite tempted to try this mascara as a lot of people big it up. I'm one of these girls who only has 1 mascara in her stash and just buys another when its dried up. This one may be my next purchase!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could follow your example, I'm making my way through a shameful amount of mascara!

      Delete
  3. WOW! I've heard great things about this mascara. My coworker has been trying to get me to try it, too! I'm impressed... I may have to break my "no-bu" and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the one mascara that has really impressed me recently, give it a go! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...