Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Quest for Bouncy Hair.

I've caught the bug: bigger is definitely better. 

I've dabbled in the odd bit of back combing or occasionally put a few curls in with straighteners, but it general I tend to wear my hair straight. Ironically, if I left my hair alone, I'd have a head of the tightest corkscrew curls you've ever seen...I'll leave you to work that one out. 

It all started when I decided to use my friends curling wand before we were went out for a impromptu drink, it was love at first curl. Far less uniform and 'prom' than curling with a straightening iron, not forgetting it is so much easier. 


I went out the next day and bought one...

The Bellazza 1 inch Curling Wand to be exact. 

It's not fancy, it was from TKMaxx for £19.99 but it works wonders. 


Add the Umberto Giannini Incredible Body line into the mix, and I'm left with bouncy hair to rival Kate Middleton. 

I simply run some Old School Setting Lotion* through my hair on a brush before blow drying, then again spraying some on the brush and running it through my hair before curling. 

After I've curled my hair, I then spray a liberal amount of the Root Boost Volume Spray* through my hair in the roots and through the curls for good measure. FYI: this is incredibly similar to the infamous 'Backcomb in a Bottle', the ingredients list is almost identical...

The Results? 



I think we're on the right path... 

Laura x

7 comments:

  1. very bouncy, looks good! would you recommend that wand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the money I paid for it, definitely, I'd have a look in your TKMaxx for a similar one! x

      Delete
  2. You look lovely hun :)

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing styles this way, I really need to find a good curling wand that works for me as it is so long to do with a straightening iron ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking everywhere for a review of the setting spray, thank you for writing one! Having read this and seen your fab picture I'll definitely be trying it out for myself now, thank you! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...