Monday 20 May 2013

Jo Loves.



It started with a love for Jo Malone, it developed into a need to try the latest offerings from the Jo Malone. To inform the uninformed, Jo parted ways with her namesake company in 2006 after selling in 1999 to beauty powerhouse Estée Lauder.  

2011 saw the fragrant phoenix rise from the flames in the form of Jo Loves, a delectable selection of delicious scents. I just had to see what the lady herself had been up to. 

The fragrance that got the whole ball rolling was 'A Shot of Thai Lime Over Mango' - could you think of anything more refreshing to spritz during summer? I couldn't either. Whilst the fresh notes please me, and the delcious list of ingredients that would happily pour into a Taiwanese cocktail (Mango, Kaffir Lime & Mint? Heaven), It's Pomelo that has set my heart racing. Jo describes it like "fresh linen sheets or a glass of bubbling fizzy water with a slice of lime and lots of crushed ice". I couldn't agree more. It's the sharp, zesty kick in the teeth I've needed to truly embrace a citrus summer scent. The grapefruit kick mellows to a almost masculine aroma which is the perfect balance for me. Not too sweet, not too rich, the perfect summer balance. 

Jo Loves. I Love, Lots. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...