Sunday 26 June 2011

Product Rave: Illamasqua Skin Base

Even if you've only tentatively dipped your toe in the frivolous world of the beauty community, you will have undoubtedly caught wind of the buzz that's current surrounding BB creams. To the uninitiated: An all purpose cult Asian 'Beauty Balm' that doubles as moisturiser, foundation & concealer.

Illamasqua appear to have recognized the potential for a product in the UK, and oh my, it's a good one.


So, why does this deserve a product rave?

1: The shade range is brilliant. From 01 White for those who even the lightest shade could do with lightening up, to 18 Deep Dark Neutral, Illamasqua have delivered a shade range that will suit nearly ever skintone out there. Sorted by undertones, you'll be sure to find your perfect match.



I was sent samples of 3 (Yellow Undertone) 4 (Yellow/Pink Undertone) & 5 (Pink Undertone) and for me, 3 is a tad yellow, 5 is a tad too pink, but 4 sits just right. BUT whilst having a good play with them, 3 works fabulously used just in the areas that I have slight redness, it cancels it out a treat.

2: Application. This literally glides on like a dream, I tried applying it with a MAC 130 brush that works brilliantly, but just using clean fingers is the deal of the day with this foundation, I took me no time at all and I looked like i'd taken some serious time.

3: Finish. Illamasqua mention that the foundation is "undetectable in an HD environment" and I agree that it photographs amazingly...


I'd advise you to click on the picture and take a closer look, it just gives an amazing finish to the skin, absolutley (as usual) no photoshopping here!!

The foundation gives medium-full coverage but doesn't look caked on in the slightest, it's the ultimate cheat foundation for the 'natural' look!

4: Longevity. I gave the foundation it's first outing last night at a party, and I was suprised that I didn't have to touch up once. 5 hours later it still looked like i'd applied it 10 minutes ago. Impressed. Illamasqua claim that this is suitable for all skin types: It's worked a dream on my combination/dry skin and I suspect unless you have very oily skin this would work well.


A quick snap.

The Facts:

£25.00 RRP for 30ml of product.
Available at http://www.illamasqua.com/, Illamasqua's flagship store on Beak St, Soho, or any Selfridges Counter.

SHADE MATCHING:

If you're unsure of what shade to plump for and can't get to a counter, for the next 2 weeks, Illamasqua will be giving shade advise by email, so just fire off an email to skinbase@illamasqua.com and tell them your skin's undertones, the foundation shade you currently wear and they'll try and give you the best match. 

 I'm putting in an order for a full size bottle right now...

Laura xxx



12 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm intrigued. Looks gorgeous on you!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh i might have to pop into beak street to check it out.

    But tbh, I jumped on the BB Bandwagon 2+ years ago and when i was young and impressionable, i loved the formula but as i grew up, i found that you can get equally good coverage and a better range of shades with tinted moisturiser.

    I just see it as a hype. Sigh. I'm really tempted to jump on the bandwagon again though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning babe xxx


    http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited to try this out!! it really does look so natural on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks flawless on you! I really like its finish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ordered mine, I can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to try this, it looks lovely on you, really flawless! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got samples of this too, and I was amazed at how flawless my skin looked with this on. I've found it to be torrential rain proof, and heatproof after a mad dash on the London Underground! Think this will be a definite repurchase for me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kim It's the best base I've tried all year! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have gorgeous eyebrows, thick and great shape.

    Just came across your blog and glad I did.


    Dena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...