Saturday 5 January 2013

A New Year.

I was going to begin this post by apologising for the dismal lack of activity over the last few weeks. But, that would go against the grain of this entire post. 

It's a new year, let's begin how we intend to go on. 


New Years Blog Resolutions. 

1. Enjoy It. 

My absolute golden rule is, if I'm not enjoying it or feel like I'm pressured to churn out posts. I'll take a step back. The bottom line is, this isn't my job. It is a hobby that has turned into far more than I thought it would be. I think in 2012 I lost sight of this a little bit, I was forever feeling guilty about not having time to spend writing, and when I did get the time, I was banging out posts that I didn't feel 100% happy with. I want to be proud of what I produce and not feel like it's just to satisfy x,y or z. 

2. Quality not Quantity. 

Trust me, I would love to be able to have time to produce a good quality post a day but that's just not going to happen. I'd much rather set myself a realistic two times a week schedule but even that can be pressing at time. As long as I feel that my content is readable, enjoyable and useful, I'm happy.

3. Spread my wings. 

If the name of the blog didn't give it a away, I have a little thing about beauty. But, It's not entirely what I'm about. Believe it or not, I'm interested in lots of other things too! In fact, if I went into detail about what I do for a living, I think you'd all be surprised! (FYI: It's the anti-glamour personified!). I feel I want to diversify but I'm unsure whether to plonk it all on here. I'm toying with starting a new blog on the side and keeping this all about it's namesake, what do you think? 

4. Involve. 

The thing I do feel most guilty about is not having enough time to really engage with you all like I want to. I'm thinking about opening up the floor to guest bloggers etc, would you be interested? 

Finally, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas & NYE and are looking forward to a fruitful 2013, I know I am! 

Laura xx

p.s listen to this song. obsessed. 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...