Wednesday 16 January 2013

Blueberry and Yoghurt Muffins.





Last Sunday afternoon was a rare treat, I baked my little heart out all afternoon. 

As much as I adore baking and would probably do it all day everyday if time and my waistline weren't an issue, every so often I find it incredibly therapeutic to have a mini baking/cooking blow out. 

Like most of the nation, I'm still recovering from my ill advised 'see-food' diet over the Christmas/New Year period so despite the urge to bake some delicious looking cupcakes with cream cheese frosting I opted for these Blueberry & Yoghurt Muffins. It has fruit, therefore it's healthy?? 

I found this incredibly helpful blog post that made whipping these up as easy as can be. Yoghurt cake itself is a gem of a recipe by itself, completely versatile and adaptable I can see this becoming a replacement for the more traditional sponge in recipes. 

The amount made easily filled 12 large muffin cases and even had enough left over to make a mini cake for 'testing' (read eating straight from the oven like the glutton you are). 

These went down a treat and I'd make them again. If you're looking for something that isn't overly sweet, these could be for you. I'd even pass it off as a breakfast item. 

Enjoy! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were really easy to do too, you should give them a go! x

      Delete
  2. Oh fab, I must try this out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! these look so nice! I may have to give them a try x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, you can also justify them as a healthy treat if you must! x

      Delete
  4. This post makes me happy. That is all I can say :)

    Siobhan

    @ www.allthatglittersinthisworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...