Thursday 17 January 2013

Desk Job. Latest Additions.

I've begun a new mission to try and strike the right balance between a productive workspace and an organised relaxing area to beautify, primp and preen. I'm currently into lots of white and glass. I'm a big fan of clean elegance and I think I'm slowly starting to get there. 


You will have undoubtedly seen these Ikea candle holders somewhere before but I couldn't resist them when I popped in last week. I'm just using this one to hold my most used brushes. I have another that's sitting on my windowsill waiting for a purpose. 


One of my lovely friends bought me this beautiful jewellery hanger from Sass & Belle for Christmas. I've not yet put it into the wall but it's still pretty! My jewellery is currently all over the shop, so I need to get organised by using this. 


This is my favourite little corner of my desk, It has my already raved about ginger products and the new addition glass jar that I snapped up from TK Maxx for £1.99. If you want some cheap glass storage jars I couldn't recommend TK Maxx enough. The home section is like kryptonite to me!


This is what I originally went into Ikea for this lamp (I left with a lot more than I intended). I've been after a decent desk lamp for a while and this white enamel finished light ticks all the boxes. I will admit it looked quite a bit smaller in the store but I like it all the same! It's perfect for doing precision work and can be angled in a variety of ways. It certainly helps with the dark nights to take the glare of the computer screen away. 

Altogether I'm feeling much more at peace in my space now! 

Laura xx

8 comments:

  1. Love the Ikea candle holders - haven't seen them before! I got some lovely crystal/glass containers from my local charity shop for 50p each to house items on my dressing table.
    Love your lamp too! (That makes me sound like Steve Carrell in Anchorman right?)

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those ikea candle holders. They are so cute! I hardly ever go to Ikea. I need to go there to stock up on some wedding bits and bobs so maybe I should keep an eye out for these bad boys too!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd make lovely wedding candle holders! I rarely go as it's a bit of an ordeal, but I always get carried away! x

      Delete
  3. I'm addicted to TK Maxx home as well! I love using glass jars for my storage, cheap and clean looking.

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant, being able to see what's in what jar is useful too! x

      Delete
  4. My favourite place to buy things for the house is TK maxx because you can find some great things in there! love the ikea candle holders x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...