Saturday 24 October 2009

Product Rave - Max Factor Second Skin Foundation


I have recently sung the praises of Nars Sheer Glow Foundation on here , even adding a Hallelujah!

BUT

This may have been slightly premature...


MAX FACTOR SECOND SKIN FOUNDATION

WOW

I was interested to see if this foundation could equal (or even better) Nars and boy has it done so!
I got mine from Boots for £9.99 (currently on offer, RRP £13.99) so a point goes to Max Factor for sheer value for money, Nars Sheer Glow comes in at a pricey £29.00.

So the colour range is smaller, and you don't get the choice of warm or cool tones to your foundation like the Nars range, but I found a really good match for me, 040 Creamy Ivory. Yes I'm a pale pauline at the moment! (I'm Mont Blanc in the Nars!) Max Factor does this foundation in five different shades which appear to cover a wide spectrum of skin tone. BUT I'm going to give this point to Nars, as their colour range cannot be topped.

APPLICATION

I'd previously been using MAC Studio Sculpt in NW15 and I literally felt like it was getting to the point where it was suffocating my skin. I have pretty good skin, so that amount of product was just not needed! Sheer Glow was the initial revelation and Second Skin has just carried it on. I apply this with my 190 Flat Foundation Brush and I only need a pea size amount on my brush, it does my whole face! It has amazing coverage without feeling like i'm wearing any product at all, major bonus. It dries to such a wonderful finish too, my skin feels touchable, not greasy like the SS.

With a little Studio Sculpt Concealer under my eyes and on the sides of my nose, I look airbrushed.





I'm tempted to give this product the ultimate accolade, is it the best foundation i've ever used? Possibly!

I will add this though, a bit of MSF Natural over this is essential for me, I like to be dewy but after a few hours I teeter on the edge of looking oily if I go it alone with the foundation if i'm rushing around.

I still adore Nars Sheer Glow, it's my perfect shade and it has flawless application, but can I really justify the £29 price tag when I've found a serious competitor for a tenner??

What's the best foundation you've ever used??

Laura xxx




2 comments:

  1. I might have to try this before I go and get NARS sheer glow (which I was just about to as I have just finished my current foundation). Thanks for the tip.

    http://www.ifoundpablo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, sounds nice, I'd have to try it first though! The most inexpensive foundation I like is Rimmel Lasting Finnish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...