Tuesday 27 October 2009

My Saturday Saviour - Maybelline Express Finish Lacquer

On Saturday I went to a big family gathering to celebrate an 80th Birthday, I'd worked late on Friday night and slept through my alarm on Saturday morning, nightmare situation!

As I rushed around showering/blow drying/straightening etc etc I looked down at my nails, my nail polish was chipped and looked less than presentable.

I thought I had two choices -

Go Bare - Not an attractive option, I really can't abide bare nails.
Waste 30 Minutes - After the 1st and 2nd coat, plus drying time, I couldn't really afford it.

I had resigned myself to bare nails when I noticed this little gem hiding at the back of my polish draw -

MAYBELLINE EXPRESS FINISH LAQUER in Fuchsia.



I don't remember buying this but I somehow have the same shade in both 60 seconds & 40 seconds...worrying!

"From Wet To Set in 40 Seconds!"

I'm usually cautious of quick set products, as I find they always need two or three coats to do the trick. I was proven wrong with express finish!

It took just one coat to cover the nail and the brush is so BIG! This made application so quick and easy. The formulation is really good, creamy and left a good finish.

This nail varnish does exactly what It says on the bottle, by the time I had finished painting my right hand, my left was dry. It stayed put and didn't smudge or mark. It even stayed flawless after i'd pulled on a pair of tights in a hurry.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of this on my nails, I've already swapped to Barry M in Grey :) BUT it looked like I had spent 40 minutes, not 40 seconds, on my nails!

I googled the price of this and It comes out at around £3-4 for the bottle, a bargain!

So this is my Saturday Saviour, hope you're having a good week.

Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...