Monday 8 November 2010

How To Cheat Glowing Skin In Winter

I went to stay with my sister at the weekend and she was complaining that she couldn't get her dry skin to look glowing and healthy. With the winter flexing it's muscles it was only going to get worse.

We took a little trip into town and I told her about a few of my favourite products to cheat luminous skin when you're a little on the dry side...

She ended up picking up MAC Strobe Cream & Shell Cream Colour Base and I set to work on her face!



The Kit...
 - ELF Warm Bronze
-Revlon Colorstay in 110 Ivory
- MAC Strobe Cream
- Vichy Dermablend in 15 Opal
- MAC Lingering Eye Pencil
- Revlon Fabulash
- MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell
- MAC Dainty Mineralize Blush

The absolute key to this look was creating a hydrated looking base:

I took the Colorstay and the Strobe Cream


And Mix!


The Result??



I applied the Colorstay and Strobe Cream with a MAC 187 then as Hannah is has a little redness on her chin I applied one of my new found lifesavers, Vichy Dermablend using a MAC 224...you literally need a MICRO PEA SIZED amount and it blends like a dream, I didn't need to use concealer at all.

I then lightly contoured with ELF Warm Bronze and used MAC Dainty Blush on her cheeks, the shimmer in the blush helped to give off a radiant look too.

Finally, to really make her skin glow I applied Shell CCB on the top of her cheekbones and down her nose.


Shell is a lovely nude shimmer and the creamy texture is a bonus for dry skin.



When it catches the light it gives such a lovely effect!

EYES: Super simple, Jest all over the lid and Revlon Fabulash: this is all about the skin!
Eyebrows were lightly defined with MAC Lingering Brow Pencil...

LIPS: Simply Barry M Lipgloss in No11

Do you have any tips for making dry skin glow??

Laura xxx

4 comments:

  1. love this tutorial! Is the Dermablend a concealer or a tinted moisturizer?

    on another note, i'm hosting a giveaway on my blog and feel free to check it out =]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jennifer, it's a foundation but I use it more to tackle problem areas as it's really full coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous post, love it :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...