Saturday 5 May 2012

Tom Ford Black Orchid.




So, It was my Birthday this week, and I cannot explain how overjoyed I was to finally get my hands on this particular scent. 

I've been stalking various Space NK's and Selfridges Beauty Halls over the past few months sneaking illicit sniffs of this. 
When I first caught a whiff I was immediately smitten, it's rich, deep and almost medicinal, but then develops into a rich almost woody vanilla on the skin. 
I'm definitely not a perfume expert but this had me at hello. 
Black Orchid is definitely a departure from the perfumes I'd coveted previously (I'm talking to you Nina by Nina Ricci & Jimmy Choo) but it has earned it's place. 

Now, it's pricey, but for something so different and luxurious it's worth it. Another key point to add is a little goes a long way. When first applied, it can be a real punch to the nostrils...(?!) but it will sit and linger all day, you won't need to top this up in a hurry. 

Even though it's technically a feminine fragrance, I wouldn't dismiss this as a unisex scent. I can imagine this smelling just as good on a distinguished gentleman. 

My only issue...I now want to explore his other fragrances, and that could be an expensive habit. 


Laura xx


1 comment:

  1. the bottle looks rly classy :)
    http://makeupandfashionfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...