Tuesday 16 February 2010

My Everyday Essentials.

I've seen this tag floating around and I thought I'd show you all what I rely on daily!

FACE

(l-r Nars Sheer Glow, Fleur Power Blush, Studio Sculpt Concealer, Quickie Blush, MSF Natural)
Foundation

After many disappointments and brief love affairs with various foundations I've found two foundations that I always know will provide a great finish without much work.


Nars Sheer Glow & Max Factor Second Skin
At the opposite end of the price scale, but I love the equally, If i'm in a massive rush I do prefer Max Factor applied with a clean make up sponge as it's idiot proof perfection!! Sheer Glow takes a little bit longer to blend and finish but it looks amazing once on!
I actually finished my Max Factor earlier this week, I think i'm going to get a new one!

Concealer

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer

I had a brief fling with SS Foundation and decided it was too heavy for me, but the concealer gives me perfect coverage when I need it, it covers everything I need it to.
I've been using this under my eyes and It works well but I'm on the look out for a lighter, more fluid concealer, any suggestions?!

Powder

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

I dust this lightly over my foundation with a 187 to elimate and extra shine on my chin and nose, I use this over tinted moisturiser for those days when I don't want too much make up on :)

Blush

MAC Fleur Power & Urban Decay Afterglow in Quickie
Both wearable pinks that i'm forever faithful to!


EYES


 
Eye Primer

I'm a MAC Paint Pot addict, I use Bare Study almost daily but adore Rubenesque & Girl Friendly too.
I picked up Moss Scape a while ago and think it's devine for doing a more smokey eye.

Eyeshadow

I must admit I'm pretty neutral with my make up in the day, I'd rather grab a few more moments in bed  than mess around with crazy colours!
I seem to go for the same few colours everyday:

Phloof! - Perfect in the inner corner or all over the lid to brighten up the eye if i'm tired! (Middle Left)
Orb - My perfect daily highlight (Top Right)
Jest - The most wearable shadow I own. (Middle Right)

Mascara

I'm a bit of a mascara addict but at the moment I'm loving Maybelline Lash Stiletto & I'll always love Dior Iconic :)

LIPS


 
Lipstick

I've only had this for a few week but I've used it almost everyday.

MAC Shy Girl.

So wearable and subtle enough for any situation.

Lipgloss

I'm not a massive lipgloss wearer but I reach for

Benefit - Her Glossiness (Didn't Hear It From Me)

the most!!

THE BEST OF THE REST


Clinique DD Moisturising Lotion - I use this as my primer, I'm addicted!
Feline Kohl Power (MAC) - I don't use this everyday, but I always grab it when I want a bit of a smudgy lined eye.
Maybelline Colour Sensational Ambre Rose - My ultimate drugstore lippie.
MAC Grand Entrance - Probably my favourite eyeshadow ever, but it's LE so I'm trying to limit usage!!!

Right, What are YOUR "go to" products???

Lots of Love,

Laura xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Nice selection! I NEED to try that NARS foundation! My go-to products are Natura foundation, Korres Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder (at least now that it's summer here), Givenchy concealer, any light shadow, mascara, Clinique Chocolate Lustre liner and any gloss I feel like using...and I love Feline too, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My go to's are:
    - Spell Cosmetics mineral foundation
    - Coastal Scents camo quad
    - Avon Supershock mascara
    - NYX Champagne & Caviar palette (if I'm feeling realllllly lazy)
    - Urban Decay Primer Potion
    - Random peachy shimmery blush
    - Mirenesse pink nude lipgloss (not sure of the shade name)
    - Prestige brow pencil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you like the paint pot over the urban decay primer (if you've used it)?

    I used the MSF Natural too! I love it. I don't wear foundation though.

    I'm hosting a giveaway that ends on March 1st. Check my blog http://www.makeupbykim-porter.com to enter

    http://www.makeupbykim-porter.com/2010/02/mac-spring-colour-collection-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kim I do actually, I like the fact they have a little bit of colour and can really intensify an eyeshadow, but UDPP is really good for getting the "true" colour of an eyeshadow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the lipstick you use!
    You use very nice natural eyeshadows i love them!! ox

    http://bethanyoox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I really want to try nars sheer glow! XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...