Thursday 1 April 2010

Aveeno Skincare

A while ago I was sent some products from Aveeno to try, I've been putting them to the test and here is my verdict!!


(l-r Skin Relief Moisturiser, Hand Cream, Daily Moisturising Lotion)

What does it claim??

The makers of AVEENO have captured the benefits of naturally active ingredients such as colloidal oatmeal, and shea butter, in products specially formulated to give you beautiful, soft and healthy-looking skin.
AVEENO uses naturally active ingredients from nature which are proven to benefit the skin. Oats have long been known for being absorptive and hypoallergenic, whilst softening, cleansing and soothing the skin. In 1945 scientific advances made way for the fine milling of oatmeal into “colloidal oatmeal”. This allows oatmeal to retain its naturally active benefits, which include:
· Moisturising skin: Oat proteins leave a protective barrier on the skin, which prevents water loss to help maintain moisture.
· Cleansing dry skin: Oats are naturally absorptive and when in powder form, act like tiny sponges to withdraw dirt and dead skin cells so they can be rinsed away.
· Soothing dry, irritated skin: Colloidal oatmeal has been clinically proven to relieve dry skin and associated itching.
Did it live up to the hype??


Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion

I've been using this after I shave my legs to give me a real burst of moisture and I've been impressed with the results, It soothes my skin and isn't greasy.
I really dislike greasy lotions so the non greasy feel of the lotion is a real plus point, it sinks in to my skin quickly and doesn't leave a residue.
My only complaint is that I wish it had more of a scent, but perfuming this more heavily might irritate more chapped sensitive dry skin.

rrp £4.99

Daily Moisturising Lotion

I Initially pushed this to one side instead favouring the skin relief lotion, but I now actually prefer it. It's a little lighter on the skin and even though it states that it's fragrance free you can smell the oatmeal in the cream when you rub it into your skin, it's not overpowering but it's definately there.
I've been using this before I go to bed and my skin still feels hydrated in the morning.
My mum tested this out for me too, and she told me it "works wonders" on her arms.

rrp £4.99


Hand Cream

As the saying goes, I saved the best for last. I use this in the morning and before I go to sleep, and this has left my hands soft and smooth, it's really improved my cuticles too as they've got really dry over winter.
It's a similar consistancy to the daily moisturising lotion, and it sinks right into my skin, it doesn't leave a greasy residue which I really can't deal with!

rrp £4.99

OVERALL THOUGHTS

These three products have worked well for me, the only thing I feel myself yearning for is a more indulgent scent, they're amazing no nonsense staple items that every girl can rely on for soft smooth skin.
They're not the sexiest of products to look at, but the effects far outweigh anything else.
If you want something to look pretty on your dressing table, don't waste your time, but if you want a product that really works I'd seriously consider picking these up!!

For more information visit



Lots of Love,

Laura xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great review!
    I have been meaning to look into this brand some more. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...