Tuesday 27 April 2010

Shiver, Surge and All Things Nice.

After being SO impressed with Surge Liquid Metal from Illamasqua's Body Electrics collection, I was interested to explore some more of Illamasqua's extensive range. I adore their blushes and lipsticks, but one area I didn't have any opinion on was eyeshadow.



I was ordering a pair of jeans off ASOS and my mouse wandered onto the Beauty section, and I just happened to slip in Shiver eyeshadow from Illamasqua!



I didn't really have a clue what to expect, other than a neutral highlight...it was a large margin for error! My first impressions were mixed. It looked like a pleasant champagne, no offensive highlight. I was a bit concerned about the initial texture of the product though, it looked a little "beat up" in the pan, and the edges seemed to distorted, the whole eyeshadow just seemed a little, well crumbly. Not what I was expecting from a high end brand. I gave it the benefit of the doubt though as ASOS did deliver it in it's usual plastic big liner type bag, so who knows!? I love the outer packaging, much like the rest of the range, it's classic but sleek and modern.

My initial swatch screamed out two things to me:

1) This looks very familiar
2) This feels a little dry

The first point was quickly cleared up when I realised It was painfully similar to one of my favourite highlighters, Dazzlelight.


When put side by side, Dazzlelight is slightly pinker in tone, but only a real fanatic would notice!


l-r Shiver, Dazzlelight.

With Shiver, it's definitely feels less creamy than Dazzlelight, but when blended out they work to a similar standard.

I'm not going to completely pass judgement on all Illamasqua eyeshadows as i'd love to try some more out, but I'm just unsure to rave about them just yet, I have a little voice in the back of my head telling me it could be better!!

If you want to see what it looks like on, I'm wearing it in my blush post as a a highlight, and it does photograph amazingly so my judgement remains undecided!!

Now to end on a momentous high, I ADORE Surge liquid metal.



It's insanely pigmented, it's creamy and it's FANTASTIC.



Just one quick swipe leaves a rich metallic trail on your hand, It's a beautiful pewter/old gold colour and I makes an amazing base to any eye look, I've worn it alone on the inner third of my eye and I have had so many compliments!



Illamasqua, I love you, but you can't love everything can you!

What are you favourite Illamasqua products??

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...