Sunday 6 June 2010

Every Cloud Nine Has A Silver Lining...

Back in April my beloved GHD straighteners died a death, I decided this was a blessing in disguise.

If I was truthful, I was frazzling my hair. I have naturally curly hair and it stayed very much at bay since I discovered the wonders of straighteners when I was 16.
(I recently found my first pair of remington straighteners and they resembled an actual steam iron...you had to fill them up with water!!)

To get to the point, I had a hair epiphany and decided high heat is not the way to go if you want gorgeous long hair.
You don't need excessive heat to achieve wonderful style.

In order to avoid to dreaded phrasing "The lovely people at..." or "so and so were extremely generous" I'll just put it out there that yes, I was sent these gratis but that really isn't a factor here. I would not hesitate on spending my own money on these.

The reason? I think below speaks for itself!



I was asked if i'd like to recreate a Cloud Nine summer style, and I chose beach waves to try on the guinea pig (Hannah).

The main plus that screams out to me on Cloud Nine Iron's is the temperature gauge. You can have it as low as 100C or as high as 230C. I achieved this beautiful wave look with 100C of heat, so much better than the standard temperature on a GHD styler which stands at the scorching 220C mark.


They're sleek and very similar in style to the GHD, not suprising as they were created by the original creators of the famous iron.
I'm in love with turquoise and black packaging too.

But back to the hair...


I'm not known for my skills in the with old irons, but this was stupidly easy to achieve. Take two inch sections of hair and wrap it round the iron, then simply roll it through the hair as tight or loose as you like. I did it fairly loosely as directed on the video.

If you want to recreate this look, you can find it here in this wonderful how to. 

The only negative I have about the Cloud Nine Iron is that if you're not careful it can deliver a nasty nip to your hand from the hinge of the straightener, Beware!!

In terms of pricing, these retail at £130, a tenner more than their GHD cousins, but for long term investment, I think it's a real no brainer.

Otherwise, less heat is truely more style. I think I just found a new product i'll be ever faithful to!


If you want to check them out.


I just noticed if you order a pair of Cloud Nine Irons now you can snap up a bottle of St Tropez, what a lovely summer treat!!!

One last thing, the original image, how gorgeous!




Love, Laura xxx

5 comments:

  1. aww i like this. great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I have the same problem cause my hair is curly and I use a ghd to flat iron the life out of my hair...I'm always looking for ways to not straighten it as much. I'm going to look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post!
    curly hair is so nice.
    so much better then my flat,straight hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some beautiful hair going on there!

    xx

    thebeautybite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can anyone please confirm whether
    cloud nine iron are infact better than GHD's cause my girlfriend wants new straighteners for christmas and i'm confused!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...