Saturday 3 September 2011

Welcome to the Theatre of the Nameless...


"In this nocturnal den of dissident leaders of underworld subcultures, exotic dancers rub shoulders with actors and anarchists. Exhibitionists and Boots Girls openly compete for the Master of Ceremonies' eyes, and all participate in the Club's endless, pleasure-seeking rituals, baptising their senses in an exquisite hedonistic frenzy..."

Illamasqua's A/W offering comes in the form of the Theatre of the Nameless, a potent mixture of decadence and decay that takes Illamasqua back to it's dark roots, evoking images of 1920's Berlin and ladies of the night.


Alex Box has once again worked her magic to produce some amazing imagery to accompany the collection, I cannot get enough of the image above!

I popped along to the launch of the Theatre of the Nameless on Thursday and was absolutely taken by the collection. It hits the right notes on every level, there's glitter (Beguile, Zeitguist & Berber) pigments, to die for cream pigments (Androgen & Depravity) and I just could not mention the amazing rubber/wax finish polishes (Kink, Vice, Faux Pas & Taint).


I'll be honest, I was too busy sipping my cocktail and rubbing glitter all over myself to take many pictures, but I click HERE to look at Zoe's far more detailed account of the evening.

I had an amazing time at the launch, yet disaster struck later on in the evening as a taxi rudely drove off with my goody bag, I could have cried right on Oxford St!

(L-R Taint (Stone Brown Polish), Facade (Greyish Pink Intense Lipgloss) and Vice (Deep Cherise Polish)

I've been testing out Vice, Taint and Facade this morning and have already fallen in love with the polishes....more to come soon on those though...

Some quick swatches for you all:

Facade

Taint

Vice

If you like the sound of this collection, you must watch Illamasqua's accompanying video...it's a gem.


Will you be entering the Theatre of the Nameless?

Finally, a quick thank you to Illamasqua for a lovely evening and for being so good about my taxi fiasco, and last but not least a big hello to all of the brilliant girls I got to catch up with or meet for the first time, it really does make the event!

Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...