Wednesday 21 March 2012

Re-Create the Look: Lan Nguyen for the Body Shop.


Now, call me silly, but I have never associated The Body Shop with the high octane world of the catwalk show. However, when I was asked to re-create the look Lan Nguyen did here for the Vauxhall Fashion Scout show recently. I was too intrigued to say no. 

So, complete with everything I could need. I decided to try and do it justice....

Firstly, what was I working with? 

I found most of the product agreeable, in some cases they appeared to lack the fierce pigmentation I expected, but they were super easy to work with. The one product I wasn't sold on was the Concealer Pencil, but simply because this is far too dark for me, even in summer.

(top-bottom)
06 Eye Definer French Navy
05 Eye Definer White
05 Concealer Pencil
Liquid Eyeliner

Shimmer Cubes Palette 20.
(L-R) 
03 Starlight Silver
01 Indigo Blue
04 Midnight Black
03 Snow White

As I embarked on trying to recreate the look, I remember exactly why I don't like to do this sort of thing...oh the pressure! 

BEFORE


AFTER



I was really impressed how simple, but dramatic this look was. Lan really mastered the quick, but beautiful look with ease. She describes it as a '60's Smokey Eye with a modern, feline twist. I couldn't agree more. 

The two stars of the show for me were the liquid eyeliner, that literally took seconds to apply and perfect, and I may have just found a new best friend in the slanted brush. It made applying accurate eyeshadow so easy I don't think I've ever managed to get such a sharp line on my lower lash line. Finally, the white eyeliner in the water line really hammered the 60's vibe home. 

Of course a pair of falsies would really finish off the look, but, c'est la vie! 

The thing I like most about this particular look is I would have never, ever gone for it, but I think it looks pretty snazzy...dare I say, groovy...? No? Ok.



What I was trying to achieve...

How did I do?! 

Laura xx

(All products provided for the look, but as always, treated without influence, compensation or promise)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...