Monday 14 March 2011

Monday Ramble

I rarely just sit down and unload thoughts here but why not?!

Sunday bought the most delicious hint of summer and it's got me so excited to pack away the knits/coats/gloves and scarfs and embrace gladiators/floaty dresses and sunglasses once again! It did occur to me though that summer is a lot more high maintenance beauty wise...




You've got:
Fake Tan
Ahem...Hair Maintenance
A Constant Perfect Pedicure

Basically a lot more maintenance all around...

The glimpses of summer we've been having have also got me thinking about playing around with a little bit of colour in my hair. I realise i'm not exactly going to be winning any awards for innovation but I think i'm going to jump on the ombre/balayage train. What's the worst that could happen??! If I hate it I can always just dye over it.

I've once again shown Diet Coke the door. Water and Green Tea (and the occasional costa/starbucks/work coffee) will be the only (non-alcoholic) drinks to pass through my system. The reason for the latest casting out is an unusual patch of acne on my chin. Despite eating healthily, exercising three times a week and taking good care of my skin in general I couldn't shift this particular outbreak. I tracked it back to when I went a bit mental on the Diet Coke consumption front. Low and behold after avoiding it for a week the situation seems to be improving.

On another note, I reached a little milestone yesterday. I've somehow managed to shed 2 stone since January! I haven't really banged on too much on here because I don't feel like i'm in a position to give you all diet and exercise advice but I will say I've done it in the best way possible.

Eat Less Shit. Exercise More.

If you want to know anything else, please ask but i'm not going to sit here and profess to having awesome weightloss knowledge...because I don't!

I've been having a pretty hectic time in other areas of my life outside of the Beauty Spark blog but I've been trying really hard to keep up with you all! I've got classic bloggers guilt I think... I'm temporarily moving in just over a month to do some work down south so that will a whole new adventure to take you on!

I've also got rather obsessed by Robyn's 'Body Talk' Album. It's been on repeat for 2 days straight now...



RIGHT...

Requests/Ideas/Comments??

What do you want to see here, what am I doing right...and wrong?!

Let Me Know!!

Laura xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Omg Laura well done on your weight loss! Is there any chance you would do a post on what exercises you find are good, what music is on your gym playlist, what food you are eating and some basic recipies if you have been cooking more? I am trying so hard to lose weight and every hint and tip does help!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is lovely! Congrats on your weight loss & quitting diet coke.. I hear it's really bad for you, anyway!

    KF x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on the weight loss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, 2 stone's a lot since January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weightloss, but pelase be very carefull, 2 stone is a HELL of alot since January! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Courtney Thanks for your concern but i've been doing it very sensibly, just eating healthy and hitting the gym! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, well done on the weight loss - I know how hard it can be. Am sure with all the bad-drink kicking you'll see more go soon too :) Summer can be such a hassle maintenance wise, but then its seems more ok to wear less make up and no bra, ha!

    R x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...