Friday 13 January 2012

Sweet Heart How To.

 For Christmas, My lovely Sister spoiled me with a big bag of baking bits and bobs  (alliteration win). As she's coming back to stay for a week, I thought I better whip her up some sweet treats. 




I used a really simple recipe for shortbread, It's basically foolproof. 

Grab:

4oz Butter
4oz Sugar 
6oz Plain Flour 

What To Do: 

Step 1: Cream your butter and sugar together until they form a paste.
Step 2: Sieve your flour into and mix into a breadcrumb consistency. 
Step 3: Get your hands dirty, form into a ball! (Add a tiny bit of milk if you think it's a little dry).
Step 4: Flour a surface, and roll out to a thickness of about 1cm. Use whichever cutter you like (but we all know hearts are the cutest).
Step 5: Leave to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Step 6: Bake for 15-20 minutes at 190C (BUT KEEP AN EYE ON THEM), I just caught mine in time...some are already a little too golden brown! 
Step 7: Leave to cool, ice if you want to or eat plain. 









I decided on pink icing, some in lines, others I went to town with some sprinkles too (it might have also been to cover the darker ones up...) 

I recalled Milly icing her very own heart biscuits like this, so I took some "inspiration".

These really are the easiest biscuits to whip up if you fancy something sweet in a hurry, you'll probably already have everything in your kitchen too. 

Now, the biggest challenge is going to be leaving them all for Hannah...

Normal beauty service will resume tomorrow.

Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...